Two oak saplings planted at the entrance to Solas Bhride were transplanted recently. The oak saplings were nurtured from acorns taken from the oak tree planted in Tullow in Co. Carolw by Bishop Daniel Delany in 1807 when establishing the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Brigid. (Brigidine). These oaks were planted by Rita Minehan csb and Brenda Kindregran of Cairde Bhride. The courtyard area was not a suitable location for the little oaks to flourish. Hopefully, they will be able to stretch their limbs in their new location on the grounds.
In their places two beautiful Magnolia trees were planted. The trees were a gift from Cairde Bhride, to commemorate 25 years of the presence of the Brigidine Sisters in Kildare and the re-lighting of the Brigid Flame. The magnolias are blossoming in their new home.