Solas Bhride is a Christian Spirituality Centre with a focus on St. Brigid and the early Christian Celtic tradition which had a profound sense of the presence of God in everyone and everything. It is a spirituality nourished by ritual, tradition, contemplation, experience and story.
Stand at the crossroad and look
Learn from the ancient paths
Which was the good way?
Jer. 6: 16
Spirituality at Solas Bhride Centre is nourished by:
- Sharing and Celebration the Story of Brigid in a life-giving and creative way
- Exploring the traditions, values and spirituality of Ireland’s patroness
- Celebrating the seasons of the year, natural and liturgical
- Retreat Days
- Facilitation of Workshops on spirituality and ecology
St. Brigid emerges from early Christian hagiography and the countless legends we have about her as:
- A Woman of deep faith - a Spiritual Leader
- A woman of the land
- An advocate for the poor
- A woman of legendary hospitality
- A peacemaker
The lives and legends of the early Irish saints, especially that of St. Brigid, have great relevance today. They have much to teach us about:
- The ecological survival of the planet
- The need to reach out and include the marginalized in society
- The importance of women’s leadership
- The need for an awareness of the presence of God in all creation.
- A contemplative approach to life
“God is not all in one place, complete. God is in the bits and pieces of everyday, a kiss here, a smile there and sometimes tears.’ Patrick Kavanagh