"Pilgrimages are as old as time itself and of almost universal significance. They were very much part of the Celtic tradition. It is said that all pilgrimages spring from a deep yearning for an encounter with the Divine. This yearning draws people to special places associated with the Divine, whatever their faith. To be a pilgrim is to invite change, conversion, new perspectives, a deeper life."
Rekindling the Flame: A Pilgrimage in the Footsteps of St. Brigid.
On the journey in the footsteps of Brigid the pilgrim will be invited to:
- get in touch with his or her own inner journey,
- linger for a while,
- be still,
- walk close to the earth
- encounter the legends of Brigid and their relevance for today.
Solas Bhride Centre offers a variety of pilgrimage experiences.
1: Pilgrimage to Solas Bhride Centre
The visit could include:
- A sharing and celebration of the story of Brigid in a creative and life-giving way
- An opportunity to explore the traditions, values and spirituality of St. Brigid
- A reflective walk in the grounds of Solas Bhride which includes a labyrinth
- Time to meditate and reflect
- Pilgrimage to Solas Bhride Centre and St. Brigid’s Wells
- As well as the visit to Solas Bhride this option also includes a visit to St. Brigid’s well for ritual and reflection.
- Walking in the Footsteps of St. Brigid
This pilgrimage could include:
- Solas Bhride Centre
- Brigid’s wells – reflection and ritual
- The Heritage Centre, Kildare Town
- A visit to St. Brigid’s Cathedral and Fire Temple
- St. Brigid’s Parish Church
Booking is required for the above group pilgrimage experiences.
Enquiries to: Tel: +353 (0) 45 522890 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual pilgrims/visitors are welcome to visit the Centre during opening hours.
You can make an enquiry here for any of the pilgrimages
“Blessed are those who find their strength in You, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.” Psalm 84.